02085392908 [email protected]


WhatsApp Image 2021 01 26 at 22.11.47

In November 1997 the Claretian Missionaries, a Religious Congregation of priests and brothers, took over pastoral care of the Parish from Father Denis Hall, a diocesan priest. The Claretians arrived in England in 1912 from Spain, where they were founded in 1849 by St. Anthony Claret. Father Christopher Cutler (Parish Priest, 1997-2005) supervised the construction of a new presbytery and the Jubilee Centre, which was opened and blessed in February 2000 – a Jubilee Year – by the Rt. Rev. Thomas McMahon, the Bishop of Brentwood (1980-2014).

Father James Boothman (Parish Priest 2008-11) in November 2010 supervised the renovation of the original church roof and redecoration of the Church at a cost of £125,000. He celebrated a Civic Mass for the Mayor of Waltham Forest, Councillor Anna Mbachu in November 2009. Guests included the Nigerian High Commissioner, the Mayors of London and Essex boroughs, local councillors, and the Deputy Lieutenant for Essex.

Father James Kennedy (Parish Priest, 2005-2008, 2011-15) initiated the renovation of Our Lady and St. Joseph chapels in 2012. Father Gerry Ezekwere was appointed Parish Priest in September 2017.

The Repository was started in 1947 and expanded into the present shop in 1972. The Parish newsletter has been published weekly since 1965, and our first Parish Directory was first published in 2002. The second edition appeared in 2007.